A healthy leaner twist on a classic fall chili recipe. This recipe is out of this world delicious. It has so much flavor and just the right amount of spice. You won’t even notice it’s healthier or made with ground turkey. My husband gave it 5 BIG stars, in which, he gives out sparingly.
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 pound ground turkey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 med onion, chopped
2 cups Low Sodium All Natural Chicken Stock
2 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes with jalapeno
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 (16 ounce) can canned black beans – drained & rinsed (can use kidney beans)
1 (16 ounce) can corn (optional)
2% shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add turkey into the pan and cook until evenly brown.
- Next add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, pepper, sugar, and flour. Mix until well blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Mix in black beans and corn. Continue to heat about 5 minutes or until beans and corn are heated through.
- Place chili in soup bowls. Sprinkle small amount of cheese on top. Serve!
As always, ENJOY a healthy & Delicious meal!
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Chopping up meant with spatula, cooks until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink. Place mixture into a 5 1/2-qt. slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except the cheese. Mix until well blended.
- Cook at HIGH 4 to 5 hours or at LOW 6 to 8 hours. Serve with a small amount of cheese on top.