These Are FAnTASTIC!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk (see below**)
- 1 Tbsp half & half
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup grated 2% cheddar cheese (seperate into 1 cup and 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion or chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Use a fork to poke each potato several places. Rub the potatoes with the oil and season generously with kosher salt.
- Place potatoes directly on the middle or top rack of the oven, bake for approx. 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let potatoes stand 5 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise. Open down the center of each potato, stopping about 1-inch from each end. Scoop out the insides into a large bowl, keeping about 1/4-inch shell of potato next to the skin.
- Place the scooped out potato insides, sour cream or yogurt, buttermilk, half & half, and butter into a large bowl. Mash ingredients with a fork or potato masher. If you prefer a creamy texture, beat with an electric beater until desired consistency. Be careful NOT to over-beat potatoes.
- Mix in the black pepper, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, green onion, and garlic.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato shells, about 1/2 cup of filling for each potato. Put remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until heated through and the tops are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
*original recipe is a combo from recipe.com & foodnetwork.com. The recipe above has been altered to MSM’s taste. Picture from recipe.com