A Healthy & Delicious Spin on Traditional Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs baby red potatoes, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red (or white) onion, finely diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 scallions (green onion), diced (garnish)
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Drain & cool potatoes (approx 20-30 minutes) or throw it refrigerator for 10 min.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the potatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic, and celery; toss to coat. Garnish with Green onion. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled.
Yields: Approx 6 (3/4 cup) servings.
- I’m not a huge fan of creamy salads. If you like your potato salad a bit more creamy, add 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (my choice-healthier option…gives it a creamy flavor w/o the fat) or 1/4 cup light sour cream.
- If you like the traditional potato salad with egg…add two hard boiled egg whites, diced.