1 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups skim milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt in a medium bowl and stir. (preferably with a whisk)
- Combine milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, and stir. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until blended. (Don’t over stir)
- Preheat a waffle iron. Coat iron with cooking spray.
- Spoon approx 1/4 cup batter per 4-inch waffle onto hot waffle iron. Be sure to spread to edges.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops; repeat with remaining batter.