The boys are getting older and are now 100% aware of every possible holiday there is to celebrate. They love to see the house decorated and especially enjoy doing crafts, recipes, and activities that coincide with it. It works out wonderfully because I truly enjoy decorating and planning holiday parties. Many of the them aren’t large extravaganzas by any means. Just small intimate parties with just the six of us.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. It’s a perfect time to make the kids feel special and give them a little extra love and affection. To make this Valentine’s Day extra special this year try these great ideas for school lunch boxes and/or a fun family Valentine’s Day Party.
What to serve:
- strawberry milk
- pink lemonade
- strawberry smoothies
- fruit punch juice or any beverage that is red * label it Love Potion
- decorated cupcakes
- heart shaped cookies, rice crispy treats, and/or brownies
- any variety of Valentine’s Day candy (put them in clear jars and use as decor to!)
Main entree -
- Heart shaped pizza
- Grilled cheese or PBJ cut into hearts with cookie cutter
- Homemade mac & cheese using heart shaped pasta
Party Activity Ideas:
- Printables specific to Valentine’s Day – coloring pages, word search, mazes,etc.
- Decorate Your Own Cupcake
- Make your own Valentine for mom/dad
- A craft – this year I made lollipop flowers- I purchased a kit from Target (See below for craft.)
Party Game Ideas:
- Bingo – Using the word Heart in place of Bingo ( I purchased the Bingo game in picture from Target)
- Pin The Heart
- Cupid says…replacing the typical Simon Says
- How Many Hearts – Fill a clear vase or bowl with heart candy and ask the children to guess how many hearts are inside.
- Hot Potato using a stuffed heart or Valentine stuffed animal
- As always a Valentine Exchange
Party Favors Ideas -
Pencils, erasers, mini heart shaped notebooks, small bubble wands, stickers, tattoos, and/or candy.
Target is ultimately my favorite place to shop. They have a great dollar section in the front of the store and also a great holiday section in the back. You can find many small party favor ideas in bulk for a low price. Another good resource to find low cost holiday activities/decor/favors is Oriental Trading.
Great resources for printables, bingo game, and more:
Have a Happy, Fun Loving Valentine’s Day!
What are you doing to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your family?